- "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast"
- "In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats."
- "Dogs have owners, cats have servants."
- "Nobody owns a cat"
- "One cat leads to another."
- "Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later."
- "Cats aren't clean, they're covered with cat spit."
- "Cats are smarter than dogs. You'll not get eight cats to pull a sled through snow."
- "Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
- "My husband said it was him or the cat... I miss him sometimes."
- "Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want."
- "You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
- "Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True! And they have many other fine qualities as well."
- "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."